How To Maintain Your Momentum Post Veganuary
Firstly, We cannot believe it's January!! But if you're not a lover of winter, you may be thinking “thank goodness”, as you can start to think about the Spring and nicer days.
But here we are January and lots of people at home or at work have been trying Veganuary which encourages people to try vegan for January and hopefully inspires you to try this new lifestyle throughout the rest of the year.
Because everyone is focused through January it seems easier to seek out books or connect to inspiring articles across your social media channels. There are so many ideas, and Hints & Tips on ‘How To’ and ‘What To’ to take up being a Vegan.
But when you get to the end of January how do you maintain being a Vegan?
Of course, it’s difficult to eat out at the moment, but there are so many restaurants and cafes now on-board with eating Vegan style!
But like lots of successful projects, planning is the key! You really need to plan your meals post January. We would suggest setting out your goals and then plan your meals to suit your lifestyle, this includes having the right ingredients at hand. This is key, and an integral part of your success to being a full time vegan.
Getting yourself a meal planner or journal would be a great way to plan out your meals and goals.
"It's easy to slip, if you don't plan!"
Checkout this website for becoming a full time vegan, it’s one of our favourites.
“Veganism should not be a mystery. It should be easy, fun, and accessible. And so, I’ve made the Beginners Guide on How to Go Vegan to make the transition to a plant-based diet just that! Let’s dig in”
- Quote from My Darling Vegan.
Hint & Tips to help.
There are lots of things to check out that can make your vegan journey more fun.
• You can find many vegan groups popping up, especially across social media, so maybe check one of these out.
• A great place to start is your local vegan café, many of them are still offering take out at the moment, they will know when the social events are happening for veganisum and may even host some themselves.
• Likewise, there are sports clubs for vegans too which may meet up in your local area. These are a great way to meet other vegans.Search for these groups within your local area.
• Invest in some vegan cook books, many of your leading cookery books now offer vegan recipes for you to follow at home - some which are great for batch cooking!
• Reach out to fellow vegans, don't be afraid to ask for help and tips.
• Another good tip for starting out. Think of your favourite meals and then replace the non-vegan ingredients, with vegan substitutes. There are so many ingredient replacements, so it’s easy to achieve your favourite meal and you’ll be amazed at how good it tastes!
This is a big change, especially to your way of life, it's not always going to be an easy transition, but start small and grow your affection for being a Vegan. 😊
Some other great websites for you to check out:
Hemsley Organics x